Thursday, October 11, 2012

Going To Graceland

Today was work in the morning, ok more like work until 2:00 catching 15 minutes of recess with some kids from England at the playground. The great thing about RV park playgrounds is they have all the good "old fashioned" dangerous equipment. Like merry go rounds (remember those?!) and seesaws!!!! Tim worked hard, Ryan worked really hard and Kylie did great too!

In the afternoon we headed for Graceland. It was informative and fun. The kids both enjoyed it even though they had no clue who Elvis was until yesterday morning when they watched a Brain Pop video about him. Sorry, Robert and Sevario if that is unfathomable! We will have to show the kids our vow renewals done by Elvis when we get home. Now it will make more of an impression....Kylie decided after checking out the pink cars and his decked out planes that she wishes she were Elvis.

On our way home we made a Walmart pit stop. It is always interesting to see what the different Walmart's carry. This one has no "healthy" kids yogurt and the most expensive bottle of white or red wine is $6.96. I'm not kidding! And it was a decent size selection - not 10 bottles, more like 40. And trying to go down the frozen dinner/pizza aisle was pure havoc at 5:30! For the record I was picking up 1 package of Lean Pockets for Ryan. I'm feeling defensive.

We are having a fruit fly issue in the RV - Tim is blaming my bananas, past and present. So we are debating on breaking out the proven "fly strip with Caymus as bait" method. I think it's a good reason to open another bottle. I opted with the Kevin Jr approach of telling the kids I'd give them 50 cents for every carcass - gotta have proof, those suckers are fast! If I remember correctly Kevin forked out the big bucks for some seashells. He wasn't in it for dead bodies. I borrowed the idea and improvised. So far I owe myself about $3, Kylie got .50 but she's determined to make more $$ tomorrow and Ryan scored $1.

That's about it for today. We are headed for Nashville tomorrow.

Oh, I forgot to brag on our new writer in the making! Ryan is doing his blog solo - and is starting to get into it. Which is sooooo great because writing is his least favorite subject! We are very proud of him :)

2 comments:

  1. Have been enjoying your adventures At my birthday with your brothers we decided that no one likes home made chinese gifts so back to regular gifts Also gifts are back on the table but only if you want to Then the special person is back we will talk later love mom miss you

    ReplyDelete