Saturday, October 20, 2012

Catching Up

We had a very long drive yesterday, which included stop and go (or inch) traffic taking 30 minutes to go 1 mile.....when we were 25 miles from our destination. Painful, extra painful as we had been on the road for over 8 hours.

But we arrived, in the dark, to our next back-in site. Tim backed the yacht in like a pro. We are staying at James County State Park in Charleston and it is an amazing place! Bike trails, fishing, kayaking and the most fabulous dog park I have ever seen! Mousse gets to go tomorrow so I'll have the low down and photos.

I need to back track a bit. Pigeon Forge. I have never seen anything like it. It's the Vegas strip for touristy, miniature golf, go-carting, pancake eating, As Seen on TV shopping aficionados. It was insane! We went to a comedy show Thursday night and we were fortunate enough to get Tim on stage which, then, made it worth while to have left our beautiful, peaceful campsite.

Today the kids had to be tortured with schoolwork - not easy to do in the truck, especially for Kylie. We went on a bike ride this afternoon and explored the area.

Not sure yet what tomorrow brings but I think it involves crabbing, kayaks and the Cowboys.....

And I guess I better make a clarification. Kylie bought a pink and purple stuffed animal snake - I'm not that cool of a mom...or should I say that much of a homeschool mom that I would have a real snake in the RV :)

2 comments:

  1. Now you can comment without having to read the crazy verify word! In case anyone wants to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tim on stage at the comedy barn... priceless! And thank you for not making me type in those silly verification words!

    ReplyDelete