Tuesday, October 9, 2012

First Day of School

Now I really understand why teachers get the summers off! And I only had 2 kids to work with, granted at totally different ends of the teaching spectrum. Kylie is tough because she needs 90% of my attention. I'm sure I will get it figured out a bit better over the next few weeks but my brain hurts tonight! I told Tim I felt like I was clenching it all day.

We took off after lunch for a 1:45+ min drive, which seemed like nothing, to Crater of Diamonds State Park. Not at all the plan but when we saw the sign yesterday we mentioned it to the kids and they were very interested. 2 hours of sifting and digging in the dirt revealed 1 small prospect which ended up being a piece of agate. Their previous efforts in "mining" spoiled them with their gem spiked dirt. It's paybacks for all the children that fish in our pond who later experience real fishing....

A 1:45+ min trek back to the RV and we had managed to drive almost 4 hours today in the wrong direction. We did try stopping (uninvited) at 2 chicken farms. Tim recognized the structures and Ryan said something about a dream come true so how could we not stop? Fortunately for Ryan (and me) there was no one to be seen so we didn't get to have the eye opening/jaw dropping experience of seeing a barn jammed full of fryers. We did get a taste of the nostril opening aspect since the a/c was not on recirculating air as we pulled up to the first farm. All I can say about that is - WOW!

It's been a bit chilly here. Mousse did not want to leave his comfy spot to take a walk before bed. It was a nice afternoon in the 60's and he was a better sport tonight. We all need time to get back in our RV routines.

This place is beautiful! We are right on Lake Hamilton at a really nice RV park. We have seen lots of deer. Tomorrow Tim is going to go fishing in the morning and I get to go kayaking in the afternoon!

Then it's off to see Elvis on Wednesday.
Thank you. Thank you very much...

1 comment:

  1. How was the fishing and kayaking?... and BTW, stop giving my poor Nephew so much homework!!

    ReplyDelete