Monday, November 5, 2012

Roller Coaster Mania

I have to start by saying that I have not been one to ride roller coasters since I left my teens. Well that has changed on this trip but I now know my limits! I loved the Dragon Challenge coaster - It feels like flying. Lots of loops and turns. What I don't like is the sit in the car (as opposed to legs dangling) super intense kind - The Hulk. That was insane! I let out an involuntary, crazy scream as we shot out of there like a cannon and went into a huge loop upside down and all around. My brain felt like it had been jiggled around my skull like a pinball and I steered clear of coasters the rest of today. I'm all for the thrill just not the migraine inducing variety! Ryan and Tim went on one other one that was way over the top. You literally went straight up the first hill. I've included a photo of that one. The climb up is on the far left - the car is already going down in the photo! I'm amazed that Ryan didn't mention it!

Kylie got to meet her favorite star today - that would be Sponge Bob. Unfortunately, Tim did not get to meet his - Patrick.

Tim and I were able to have a date night last night. I think I have finally recovered from the over indulging experience....probably didn't help with the Hulk ride first thing this morning. We went to Victoria & Albert's which is an award winning restaurant run by one of the chief's that is from Reme on the Disney Dream (our best meal ever). We had a 7 course feast with wine pairings but we have learned to each get something different and share. So that makes it a 14 course meal with 14 different wines. Now the big problem is when you share you eat every morsel since it isn't a big portion but by the end we were both dying. It was well worth it!

Tomorrow we are celebrating Kylie's birthday a day early. We will be on the road to Trenton Florida on Wednesday.

6 comments:

  1. I know it's tacky to take pics of all those wonderful dishes, but next time sneak one or two photos for me, please. Glad you're enjoying yourselves!

    Love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shelia,

      I have photos of all the dishes we had when we went. I'm a foodie, so I have no problem busting out the camera, even if it's a fancy place! :)

      -- Danny --

      Delete
  2. We were just talking about that last night. We do have the menu which is almost as good! I'll bring it Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to it and to you seeing you all (not y'all). Give Kylie a happy birthday wish and hug from me and Peter. It's his birthday too!

    Love, Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kylie's writing is improving daily. Looks like you all are continuing to have a great time.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you got to try Victoria and Albert's! Shanoa and I had a date night there when we went to Disney this summer. The food was awesome and the service was superb!

    -- Danny --

    ReplyDelete