Monday, November 19, 2012

Nothing But A Trout by Ryan

This morning I got up early and read my book until it was time to start our schoolwork. I had another long day with schoolwork. When it was all done my dad and I decided to go crabbing. We rented a boat and grabbed all of the crabbing gear. After we arrived we set up the traps. We tied a chicken leg to a rope and threw it out into the ocean. When I pulled it back in I was hoping that there would be a crab grabbing ahold of it with its claw but there was nothing. We waited 15 minutes then checked all of the traps but again nothing. After about 2 hours of doing that we still had not caught anything but a trout (which was caught on my dad's fishing pole). We were getting eaten alive by no-see-ems so we decided to turn back. I had dinner, took a shower,then went to bed.

Side note from mom: "Dad" set off early this morning all geared up to catch some trout and redfish. He came home 5 1/2 hrs later with having just 1 bite, a good upper body workout from the tough kayak ride out to the bay along with an alligator sighting and an up-close dolphin experience. We had gobs of fresh shrimp for dinner from Publix - not redfish but it sure was good!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment