Monday, February 24, 2014

Blue Cod Galore

Yesterday we did schoolwork in the morning. At lunch time, dad, mom, Kylie, and I all went (in the boat) to the Furneaux Lodge that is across the bay. The main reason we went there is because they have wifi. I had a hamburger while I checked my phone, and dad had a chicken burger while he checked his emails. When we finished our lunch, mom hiked backed to the resort and Kylie, dad and I all went fishing

Dad went fishing and figured out how to catch as many blue cod as we want. Instead of using bait (like we tried previously) he used a plastic worm. When the worm hit the bottom, he would pop it up and down. Usually as soon as it hit bottom, a cod takes a bite. When we went fishing we probably caught twenty keepers and another ten small ones. Dad and I each caught a cod too big to be a keeper! We fished for around an hour, then Kylie got off the boat to try to find shells. Dad went with her and waded in the water. While he was wading, he found a huge gernard. He thought it was dead so he poked it with his foot, and it bolted off! He could have speared it! We didn't do much today and tomorrow we are leaving.

1 comment: