Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Next! April 3rd

We've been home too long and felt the urge to leave.....it has been 24 days since our return. Enough time to get over the jet lag, check on things at the farm, cram in a bunch more school work, and get together with friends and family! I have to admit that I came up with this not-so-brilliant idea and I have no one to blame but myself :)

To fill everyone in, we are doing a similar loop to what we did in the Fall. We are almost to Hot Springs, AR to spend one night before revisiting the scene of the unfortunate demise of Big Tex in Jackson, TN. I'm going to watch for that huge curb in the road that we had to have hit.....ok, maybe I'll look for the mangled remains of the transmission instead! Bigger Tex is handling great and happy to be back to work.

So far, so good with no major incidents to report. Just a rogue side door on the trailer that wanted to slap around the cars and trucks in the lane next to us. I played a little Chinese Fire Drill but it came open again even after a good slamming. So Tim took charge and saved the day. Our hero!

It is hard to leave home this time of year while everything is becoming green and beautiful but I think where we are going will be wonderful as well. Can't wait to (finally) get to see the Biltmore Estate!

1 comment: