Friday, January 25, 2013

Pipis by Ryan

This morning the boys invited me to go opossum trapping with them. We all got on their 4-wheeler and drove deep into the forest. They use small spring loaded traps to catch the opossums and flour and cinnamon to lure them in. We caught three opossums out of seventeen traps. After that I had to come back to our cottage and do schoolwork the rest of the morning. around lunch time Kylie, Dad, and I went to the beach. I searched for pipis in the water while Kylie played in the sand. Pipis are a tasty type of clam. When we were ready to go I had found about two hundred pipis. We had spaghetti for dinner. Dad had pipis with his spaghetti. Today was fun.

New Zealand fact of the day- Opossums are big pests in New Zealand because they eat the Kiwi eggs and they have no predators.

No comments:

Post a Comment