Friday, July 6, 2012

Rise and Shine!

We spent our second night at the RV park just outside of the sand dunes. It gets cold there in the wee hours. Down in the 40's....does anyone feel bad for us? I am hunkered down in my nice warm nest and I see Tim with the covers pulled above his ears. Kylie is set because I put a heater back in her room. I wasn't sure about Ryan. I decided to be a good sport and take care of my boys and go turn on the furnace. We had to use the heater a couple of mornings in Ruidoso (I know you are all feeling really sorry for us now). I flipped it on and jumped back into my super warm and cozy nest thinking how Tim owes me for this. And then a very loud, high pitched, piercing, relentless beeping begins. I thought it was the carbon monoxide detector but it was the smoke detector - at least I know what to do about that! I wave surrender with the kitchen towel. Nothing like being woken up from a sound sleep in a small space with that noise reverberating off the walls. I'm rethinking my comment - I don't think Tim owes me!

We are in Boulder after a 5+ hour drive with no major mishaps. I must saying finding a big enough trough to feed this beast has become an issue - truck stops aren't easy to find when you need them. We did take a rather scenic detour for that reason today. We are now at 9.7 mpg for anyone keeping score - it was 9.9 for awhile but then we lost ground somewhere along the way. You may see us on the news. We drive kinda like the OJ Simpson car chase. We are doing around 60+/- or 50 and the speed limit ranges from 65-75.

Here are a few photos from our "Pig" basketball game the other night at the sand dunes RV camp.

And on a final note anyone that is not a robot can now comment on the blog. Just sign in under anonymous - and I highly recommend choosing the option to have it speak the scrambled word. All I know is that on the iPad it sounded like the teacher from Peanuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment