Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Snorkeling March 12

Yesterday Kylie and I did schoolwork until after lunch. Dad and I went out exploring while Mom and Kylie stayed home. We stopped at a fruit stand and bought a pineapple, made reservations to go tank diving, and went snorkeling. I took a spear when we went snorkeling and tried to get a fish, but that didn't work too well. We went two hundred meters from the shore and it was about the same depth all the way. It is as calm as can be and the reefs are spread out in small sections. I started with flippers but I took them off because they were hard to maneuver with. We spent about two hours out in the water.

For dinner we went out for sushi. Around eight dad and I drove to a sandy beach and tried a little floundering. I was the one holding the spear and light, and dad mostly stayed on shore. We tried for about thirty minutes without any luck. We were basically just looking at fish and talking when we actually found one. It was HUGE, probably the biggest one that I have ever caught. I speared it and moved it onto shore. After that we were more aware but we didn't find any more flounder.

This morning we did schoolwork until lunch. Then we drove our car to a dock and a boat took us to an island where we had lunch. It was surprisingly good and we got to touch wild stingrays. Then we drove to the same spot that dad and I went snorkeling yesterday. I brought my spear, but once again I did not have any luck. Kylie went snorkeling for her first time and enjoyed it. Mom and Dad had the flounder and shrimp for dinner. I love Moorea!


No comments:

Post a Comment