Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Crabbing To Lobstering

Yesterday, after breakfast, Dad and I immediately got the boat started and drove down to the end of the cove where the river meets the ocean. Kids were swimming there and were able to stand up because of a sand bar. Our boat got stuck on the bar and the kids came to our rescue and pushed us along over it. We drove to shore and walked across the street to where the trap was. We pulled it up and found that the two crabs were still in it. We brought it home and baited it and moved it to the outside reef where our fisherman friend told us there were some lobster. When we finished I drove back to the house. I am the one steering most times we go out on the boat. When we got back I did schoolwork all day. Mom and Dad went snorkeling outside our back yard. Dad tried the crab and did not like it.

This morning Dad and I went out to check the lobster pot. When we pulled it up we found four deep sea hermit crabs and the opening where the lobsters climb in was broken! Inside the bait bag was ripped and the chicken was gone! Dad thinks a dolphin stuck it's head in and some how ripped it open. I think a shark got in it and got the bait (it is more logical). I did schoolwork all day again and Mom, Kylie, and Dad went snorkeling. Tomorrow we are going snorkeling in the morning and skipping schoolwork.

1 comment: