Monday, March 3, 2014

Back To Nelson Again - March 4

Yesterday we packed our bags and drove back to Nelson. On the way back we stopped at a road-side stand that sells pears. They had some on plates that you could sample, so we got to try different types of pears. We ended up buying a bag of pears. 

 It was pouring rain when we arrived home and the house was freezing cold. For the first time we turned on the heaters. After dinner mom and dad had a pear bake off and I was the judge. My favorite type of fruit is pears, so I was excited!  Dad made a chocolate and wine pear dish that he remembered having a long time ago. Mom went with her crepe style dessert and made a caramelized pear crepe. Dad tried to bribe me and put chocolates on my plate. Of course mom won! 

Tomorrow dad and I are going to Greymouth again because Shane is going to go gold panning with us. We are spending one night there.



No comments:

Post a Comment