Friday, August 23, 2013

Fly Fishing

Last Thursday my dad and I went on a fly fishing trip. We hired a guide and went out on the Snake River. It was the first time I got to use my brand new fly rod on the water. I had a bunch of bites, but the whole time I didn't bring one fish to the boat!  Before we got on the water we met our guide at a fly shop. He choose our flys that we would be using on the river. He choose big flys. My dad thinks they were to big to fit in the fish's mouths. I was pretty mad.

Several days after the trip I walked down the bike path that goes through our neighborhood to a small park (it's the type of park with grass and benches).  Flat Creek runs down the middle of the park so I decided to fish there. I had on at least five fish and I actually caught one. It was a 11 inch cut-throat trout. The best part was that I caught it with on of the flys that I made.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, Ryan! You have had so many wonderful experiences this summer. Grandpa and I love reading the stories you write and will look forward to reading more!
    Love, Grandma M

    ReplyDelete