Thursday, July 5, 2012

The GREAT Sand Dunes

We arrived in Colorado with ease - except for our attempt to try and get gas in Alamosa. There was a nice area for trucks to get diesel, which we needed but we also had to get gas for the generator. Tim waited for his opportunity for the end pump to free up and my job was to stand back and see if we could fit under the roof. I'm happy to say he gave it a good effort and we didn't manage to damage anything 'cept maybe our pride. I'm sure we made a bit of a spectacle to say the least! The photo is at the diesel pump right before we made a go for the gas. Any suggestions what to name our wee little castle on wheels?!

Good fortune smiled, once again, down on us. We took a step back in time when we arrived at our RV place that is just outside the entrance to the Sand Dunes and low and behold a pair of uncovered gas pumps!!!!

We made some new friends Traci, Ned, Bella or Izzy depending who you asked, and their huge Lab Zeus. They happen to live very close to Chatfield Park in Littleton where we will be next week so we may just see them again!

We rented some sleds for the dunes and off we went first thing this morning. Kylie loved her giant sandbox. We had a great time! I was cleaning sand from my teeth, ears and unmentionables after my first unsuccessful attempt at sledding. You don't want to go sideways is all I can tell ya!

Tim and the kids are off to the alligator park - yeah, I know, Colorado is gator country?!? I'm going to catch up on some never ending laundry and work on that sand!

My footnote is that I can't get this ap to let me arrange the photos in order - I think it's a google/iPad rivalry thing. And it's driving me nuts! Sorry about that. I may have gotten it to let people comment. I'll keep working on that if it doesn't cooperate!

1 comment:

  1. Name the castle "Fill up" Close yer eyes and say it fast...

    ReplyDelete