Saturday, March 2, 2013

Antarctic Center

This morning we did schoolwork until lunch. For lunch dad and I went next door to a Chinese food truck. I got delicious fried rice (just like I did yesterday). After lunch dad took Kylie and I to Antarctic Center. We got to ride a Hagglund (an all-terrain vehicle specifically designed for Antarctica), and see blue penguins. We also got to experience a blizzard. It was cold! After all of that we all (including The MacDonalds) went to the Chinese Lantern Festival. We ate dinner there and looked at all of the different lanterns. My favorite one was a hippopotamus.

New Zealand Fact Of The Day- The Chinese Lantern Festival is usually on the 15th day of the lunar year and marks the end of new year celebration. There are many stories of how it started. It is also known as the chinese valentines day. It is celebrated around the world including NZ.













1 comment: